So, here is how you sort out stick insect poo from stick insect eggs.
1. Remove your sticks from their house (they will be quite unhappy about this and will show it if you look closely)
2. Tip out assorted eggs/poo onto some plain paper (newspaper gets really confusing).
3. Get bowl of water and drop some in. The eggs will sink and the poo will float. Remove eggs and leave to dry (do not use a hairdryer, like Dexter did).
4. Or, make a shape sorter. The poo is smaller than the eggs and will drop though a household sieve and leave the eggs (wash it afterwards but not with the eggy/poo water, like Dexter did)
5. Do not let Dexter anywhere near either of these processes.
6. Do not let Dexter do either of these processes in your guest bedroom.
7. Do not let Dexter do either of these processes in your guest bedroom and then get the vacuum cleaner out.