Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dame Honoria Glossop has Given me Some Homework

Dame Honoria Glossop has given me some homework and since I do not want to do my actual spellings homework, I am doing this.

How many books do I have?

The Parents have at least 4 million books and most of those are stacked up on the stairs leaving only a tiny weeny gap to walk through. And, Mum goes mad if you dislodge her piles.
I actually have nearly 50 books and they are all on actual book shelves.


What was the last book you bought?
My quite nasty cousins, Skye and Jaspar, bought me a very bad baby-child book of inventions for my birthday (just gone). They did it on purpose and I even had to say thankyou which was evil. My proper present came fromGrandpa Jack and is about proper inventions made in the Victorian times.

Last book I read
I was force-read, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' by The Parents but maybe that does not count. Neither does, 'Maths - Excercises for Book 4' or 'Look Around! Geography Goes Wild' or 'What the Romans Really Did for Us' because these are all school books. The last book I actually chose to read was, 'Biggles Learns to Fly' and this was utterly fantastic.



Special Books


The Parents read 'Mog' to me when I was a deadly annoying baby-child. I had to listen to Mog again and again and again until The Parents got so fed up they bought me an actual cat. We still have her and her name is, Serena which is a bit different to Mog.

'Moonfleet' has it all; smuggling, adventure, evil ghosts and action. I really liked it but Dad did not because he had to do at least 5 different funny voices in an old-fashioned english language.
It took a record six weeks for him to read. Actually I know Dad really likes it because he told me Grandpa Jack read it to him when he was a boy. So there we are.

Buzz Aldrin is very special for too many reasons to actually mention but here are a few. I will also go into space when I am a bit older.

I now have to let some other people have a go. So, Nicky and Horton and Alan might want to try.

18 comments:

The Maybe Girl said...

Iggy is always complaining about his homework, apparently 'the dog set fire to my homework' isn't an acceptable excuse even if it's true.

I've only managed to read 5 books, the dictionary (except letters v-z which I sneezed on), and 4 Artemis Fowl books. Reading is a little tricky when you are in danger of combusting at any moment.

Fluff

DD said...

"Mum goes mad if you dislodge her piles." Well, yes, one can imagine she might.

Excellent choices Wilf. You are quite right, books one is forced to read, especially at school, do not count.

S. Kearney said...

Hey there,
There's a new writing project up at The Shameless Lions Writing Circle site. Please check it out and I hope you can take part and promote it. Also, check out the "latest news" section.

Anonymous said...

A general rule of thumb is that if your parents are going to read you a book, you need to choose one with the most incredible variety of outlandish accents in it. Moonfleet is, therefore, a good choice.

Another rule of thumb for life is that you can never have too many books.

Wilf said...

Hmmm, Fluffy. I think you should try reading in the bath.

Wilf said...

Thankyou Dame Glossop. In fact some of my school books are so old and savaged they are actually unreadable, then you can just make it all up.

Wilf said...

Thanks, Shameless.

Wilf said...

Hello, Richard. You can have too many books on the stairs, especially if the cat happens to have taken up the teeny tiny remainder space on the third stair down and you are flying down to do something important. Otherwise, you are most likely right.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right. I should have said 'you can't have too many books as long as they aren't on a staircase. Books on staircases are bad.

Apropos animals and books. I will just say that if you happen to have a pet bunny, it's always a good idea to keep books out of his/her way. File that away under 'general rules for life'.

Wilf said...

Will do.

Unknown said...

Hmm, I see you have chosen to share your homework with me, Wilf - thank you, I think - I shall do it as soon as I am well. I can't do it now as writing with a stylus on a tiny touchpad drives me dippy!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Happy Birthday Buzz!
Hope it was a very good one.
I like the book your grandfather gave you. They can always be relied upon.

Scarlett & V.

Unknown said...

Just to let you know, now that I am at least half human, I'll do the meme on the morrow. I see I've been tagged for it three times!

Wilf said...

THankyou, Wanderlust. Grandpa Jack is very good at all sorts of stuff and not just choosing books. If he did not live in an old people's home, I would probably go and live with him at the moment and not have to listen to baby talk.

Wilf said...

Hmmm, Atyllah, it is the half that is not human I worry about...

Jude said...

Books are great Wilf... I am reading BFG at the moment for my MA!

Wilf said...

Wow! I think I might do an MA if I can do it on Biggles.

Wilf said...

I always think memes are to be done only if you want to and when you are up to it.